Today, I’m blogging from a library, and as much as I love libraries, it definitely side-tracks me A LOT from what the things that I need to accomplish. Today’s library adventure brought me back to middle school and high school classrooms as mesmerized at my old text books. Definitely quite a trip down memory lane!
Today, I wanted to share my current Top 5 Pinterest Searches. Like most Pinterest users, I get lost ogling over the many different DIY projects its community has offered, and I won’t lie, many I have tried, and some even saved me some cash during my wedding planning! I will write a different post for that in the future and show some of the finished products – and maybe some that are purely idea based? ^_^ So let’s break it down!
- Bullet Journal Diary Ideas – As I mentioned in my previous post, I mainly use my bullet journal as a tracking tool rather than a planner, and one of the things I track is my day-to-day highlights. Kind of like a diary or journal. What I try to look for when I search on this topic is how people make it look creative and not just “blah” writing, if you understand what I’m saying (hopefully). I have tons of colored pens, highlighters, and a BAZILLION stickers that I hope I can use them on my journal entries. It would just make it look more…happy, I suppose!
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes – My husband, Kenny, is a vegetarian. Or I should say pescatarian. Looking for wholesome, budget friendly, and easy-to-make dishes are my main goals when I search for this. I have tried many of the recipes that are in that board, but I think, my current favorite is by My Food and Happiness: Red Kidney Bean Veggie Burger. Soooo good!!! Please try it! I highly recommend it!
- Anime Food – Speaking of food, nothing speaks to me more than Anime food! I am a huge Anime nerd and drool over different shows that have glistening foods and bentos (which is coincidentally also on our list today!) My love for Anime food is the recreation of it. Although, I probably may not be able to get it to look – or even taste – like the ones on TV, it serves a HUGE inspiration in my cooking. Recently, I learned that Yoshoku is the Japanese way of cooking western foods. Pasta, pizza, curry, hamburgers, and omelets are to name a few, but when you see these types of foods, both in Anime and in real life, you will not be able to help yourself! You will want to try it! At least, I do!
- Bento – I don’t think I will be able to mention Anime food without mentioning my obsession with bentos! With trying to create a new bento design every week, my inspiration sky rockets every time I search for this. I’m definitely lacking in making kyaraben (character-style bento), but I am trying my best to have it as colorful, healthy, and fun every time I make one.
- Capsule Wardrobe – Last but not least is capsule wardrobe. I think this is a current hype among many fashion bloggers as minimalist is trend that I’ve noticed has been going on for some time now. Now, I’m not going to lie, but I struggle a lot with my fashion style. I stick to what is comfortable and most importantly, with what fits! Being a petite plus-size, it has been both challenging and exciting to look for clothes that are of good quality and will not break the bank. Maybe one of my posts in the future will be some of favorite clothing and staples – we’ll see. But going back to capsule wardrobe, this search has me wanting to tackle my closet of narrowing it down to my go-to wears, and most of all, what things I can pair together. My knowledge is limited in that area and this search is helping lots with ideas, especially when the school year starts and I can start dressing up daily again!
And there you have it. My current Top 5 Pinterest searches. I hope that you will be able to find some of my searches helpful to those who may be in the same boat as me.
Thanks for stopping by!
I have been described by many of my friends, family, and colleagues that I have many interests – and they’re right. There are many things that intrigue me, fascinate me. Maybe it helps that I’m always curious to learn about a new idea, or the fact that “Learner” is my one of my Top Five strengths from the Strengths Quest. I have many interests because I love to learn, and so to start of, here are my current top five interests today – this many change tomorrow, so be aware!
- Japan. I have a feeling that my current interests will fall into this category, but it’s really not a mystery to me because there is so much from Japan’s culture to explore. From Murasaki Shikibu’s Tale of Genji to the current fad of live-action Anime plays, they all grab my attention. It is difficult to chose just one particular area within this rich culture, so I decided to embrace learning about it! One of the ways I learn about Japan is through watching “Begin Japanology” on YouTube. It’s very educational and their host, Peter Barakan, does an excellent job bringing you into the Japanese world.
- Haikyuu! I’ll be honest – I’m not a sporty person at all. I am usually the person at the end of the hiking trail, heaving and gasping for breath while every one is a mile or two in front of me. So does it shock you that I have Haikyuu! as one of my favorites? Haikyuu! is a manga (Japanese comics)/anime that revolves around a boys’ high school volleyball team that is looking for redemption in the game and they are all willing to do whatever it takes to get to the top. If the funny dialogues, dynamic characters, or the catchy opening and closing theme songs don’t hook you, I hope the “fight” scenes will! (Okay, maybe not fight scenes, but have you ever imagined what goes on the spiker’s mind when he is going for that ball and there’s a wall of blockers in front of him? Yeah, I thought so!)
- Productivity. And who doesn’t? Because of my job, I am always looking for ways on how to be productive and how to reach your goals. As an academic and life coach, you need to have a few options, depending on the person that you are working with. Currently, I’m following Tonya Dalton’s “Productivity Paradox” podcast. She has great step-by-step instructions on how to achieve your goals, provides resources and tools, and personally, I like her methods and the way she explains them.
- Instant Pot. This product is apparently the current craze among moms, wives, and cooking bloggers last year, and I’m finally jumping on the Instant Pot wagon! I am a complete newbie with it, but that’s what makes it exciting! I get to try new recipes and it does make kitchen life so much more convenient. My first successful cooking claim has to be cooking brown rice! The recipe I tried is from Rebooted Mom, and I will definitely be using it all over again when the time for brown rice is needed once more!
- Swimming. My husband, Kenny, and I recently joined a gym, and we’re trying to make a habit of visiting it as regularly as possible. Swimming is my main form of workout. It works well with my weight, prevents my asthma from coming up, and I personally feel a good workout from it every time I leave the gym. I wish I could say that there’s something about swimming that I’m working towards, like a triathlon or contest or something. However, I don’t. I enjoy swimming because I have always liked the water, and right now, I’m looking at ways I can do to improve my pool time. My current obsession relating to swimming has to be my swimming cap! Yes, it makes all the difference for me since I no longer have to show up at work smelling like a pool for the rest of the day!
There you have it! My currently top five interests. I tried to be very generous with my choices too, otherwise I would probably have three items there that sound too alike! I hope to share more about my interests and even expound on these in my future posts. Until then . . .
Thank you for stopping by, friend! I’ll see you soon!