Today, I’m blogging from my Alma Mater, Union College, and I’m cherishing the silence of the library as most students have departed for the summer. And as much as I love libraries, it definitely side-tracks me A LOT from what the things that I need to accomplish. Today’s library adventure brought me back to middle school and high school classrooms as mesmerized at my old text books. Definitely quite a trip down memory lane!
Today, I wanted to share my current Top 5 Pinterest Searches. Like most Pinterest users, I get lost ogling over the many different DIY projects its community has offered, and I won’t lie, many I have tried, and some even saved me some cash during my wedding planning! I will write a different post for that in the future and show some of the finished products – and maybe some that are purely idea based? ^_^ So let’s break it down!
- Bullet Journal Diary Ideas – As I mentioned in my previous post, I mainly use my bullet journal as a tracking tool rather than a planner, and one of the things I track is my day-to-day highlights. Kind of like a diary or journal. What I try to look for when I search on this topic is how people make it look creative and not just “blah” writing, if you understand what I’m saying (hopefully). I have tons of colored pens, highlighters, and a BAZILLION stickers that I hope I can use them on my journal entries. It would just make it look more…happy, I suppose!
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes – My husband, Kenny, is a vegetarian. Or I should say pescatarian. Looking for wholesome, budget friendly, and easy-to-make dishes are my main goals when I search for this. I have tried many of the recipes that are in that board, but I think, my current favorite is by My Food and Happiness: Red Kidney Bean Veggie Burger. Soooo good!!! Please try it! I highly recommend it!
- Anime Food – Speaking of food, nothing speaks to me more than Anime food! I am a huge Anime nerd and drool over different shows that have glistening foods and bentos (which is coincidentally also on our list today!) My love for Anime food is the recreation of it. Although, I probably may not be able to get it to look – or even taste – like the ones on TV, it serves a HUGE inspiration in my cooking. Recently, I learned that Yoshoku is the Japanese way of cooking western foods. Pasta, pizza, curry, hamburgers, and omelets are to name a few, but when you see these types of foods, both in Anime and in real life, you will not be able to help yourself! You will want to try it! At least, I do!
- Bento – I don’t think I will be able to mention Anime food without mentioning my obsession with bentos! With trying to create a new bento design every week, my inspiration sky rockets every time I search for this. I’m definitely lacking in making kyaraben (character-style bento), but I am trying my best to have it as colorful, healthy, and fun every time I make one.
- Capsule Wardrobe – Last but not least is capsule wardrobe. I think this is a current hype among many fashion bloggers as minimalist is trend that I’ve noticed has been going on for some time now. Now, I’m not going to lie, but I struggle a lot with my fashion style. I stick to what is comfortable and most importantly, with what fits! Being a petite plus-size, it has been both challenging and exciting to look for clothes that are of good quality and will not break the bank. Maybe one of my posts in the future will be some of favorite clothing and staples – we’ll see. But going back to capsule wardrobe, this search has me wanting to tackle my closet of narrowing it down to my go-to wears, and most of all, what things I can pair together. My knowledge is limited in that area and this search is helping lots with ideas, especially when the school year starts and I can start dressing up daily again!
And there you have it. My current Top 5 Pinterest searches. I hope that you will be able to find some of my searches helpful to those who may be in the same boat as me.
Thanks for stopping by!